About the Race
Designed to bring awareness to missing persons of color and benefit the Black & Missing Foundation, Inc., ‘Hope Without Boundaries’ is an inspiring, family-friendly 5K Run/Walk held on Saturday, May 22, 2021 at the National Harbor in Maryland. The race course takes runners and walkers along the beautiful waterfront of the Potomac River and across the Woodrow Wilson bridge for stunning scenic views. We welcome runners and walkers of all abilities and ages to bring your friends and family and join us on this day to Honor Our Missing.
Late Registration at Packet Pick
Location: To Be Determined
Late Registration – Race Day (May 22, 2021)
National Harbor, MD
T-Shirt availability is not guaranteed for late registration.
May 15, 2021 – Packet Pick-up & Late Registration
Location: To Be Determined
12PM – 3PM
* We strongly encourage you to pick up your packet on May 15th to avoid any long lines and stress on Race Day.
* Please note: We are unable to mail packets. Please make sure you pick up your packet at Early Packet Pick-up or on Race Day.
Race Day – May 22, 2021
7:45AM – 8:15AM, Race Day Registration / Late Packet Pick-up (Waterfront Parking Lot G)
8:30AM – Opening Ceremonies (Waterfront Parking Lot G)
8:45AM – Warm-up (Waterfront Parking Lot G)
9:00AM – Runners Start (Waterfront Parking Lot G)
9:05AM – Walkers Start (Waterfront Parking Lot G)
11:00AM – Awards/Closing Ceremonies (Waterfront Parking Lot G)
All Participants Will Receive...
- Race entry
- Race t-shirt
- Goodie bag
- Chip timing
- Water (Locations: kick-off area, along the race router, finish line)
- Start/Finish Line Photos
- Instant results after the race (on-site and online)
Trophies will be awarded to the top Male and Female in the following categories:
- Adult (18 and over)
- Teen (13-17)
- Child (12 and under)
All 5K finishers will receive an official Hope Without Boundaries finisher medal to commemorate their wonderful achievement.
You will be handed your medal after crossing the finish line. (Quantities are limited)
Packet Pick-Up (Location: To Be Determined)
Packet pick-up is where you will receive your ‘Hope Without Boundaries’ gear which includes the following: Official HWB 5K race t-shirt, bib number, timing chip and goodie bag. Please bring a copy of your registration. If you can, we strongly encourage you to pick up your goodies on Saturday, May 16, 2020. You CAN have someone pick them up for you if you are unavailable. Simply, forward a copy of your registration confirmation and have them bring it.
You can pick up your packet on race day in Waterfront Parking Lot G from 7:45AM to 8:15AM — make sure you get there early, the lines will be long!
* Please note: Packets will only be mailed for those who signed up for the Virtual 5K option. We are unable to mail packets if you registered for the “regular” 5K. Please make sure you pick up your packet at Early Packet Pickup (May 15, 2021) or on Race Day (May 22, 2021).
The race features a varied course with average terrain that includes some gravel surfaces and slight incline. Total ascent of 14.8 feet with a maximum elevation of 33.86 feet.
Timing services will be provided by Charm City Run. Disposable chips will be attached to the back of all race bibs.
Weather, Water/Aid Stations and Restrooms
- The race will go on RAIN or SHINE and we’ll try our best to make Race Day a spectacular day!
- We want you to stay hydrated and will have plenty of water available for all participants. Water stations will be
located in the kick-off area, along the race route and at the finish line.
- Public restrooms are available at the National Harbor. The closest restroom is located near The Plaza.
Opening Ceremonies will be held in Waterfront Parking Lot G. The closest parking garage to the Opening Ceremonies is the Fleet Garage (parking garage fees apply) located at Potomac Passage and Waterfront Street. The National Harbor has 3 covered parking garages strategically located close to attractions, hotels, shops and restaurants. Click here for parking hours, rates and services offered at a particular garage.
About the Black & Missing Foundation
Since 2008, the Black & Missing Foundation, Inc. (BAMFI) has played a vital role in bringing awareness to missing persons of color in the United States; providing resources and support to families of the missing; and educating the minority community on personal safety and prevention. We believe that every missing person, regardless of age, race, mental ability, or circumstance, deserves awareness. It takes all of us – the media, law enforcement and the community to help find us. Click here to read more about the organization.